Friday, April 21, 2006

The ICT Association of Malawi

If you ask me how this association came about I'll be a bit murky and yet in it's current incarnation I have been there from the very start.

Ah yes, it all comes flooding back, I joined a Malawian IT yahoo group and somewhere along the line we debated starting up an official association.
We heard about past attempts & failures and almost gave up at our first hurdle (VERY poorly attended meeting) but somehow stuck on and now... headway!

The association has been registered in Malawi and our Executive committee met the the Minister responsible for ICT and hse booked us an appointment with the National TV carrier, Television Malawi!
We'll have a stand at an upcoming IT fair to espouse our vision and more people join everyday.

As we build up to the inaugural General conference I feel this tremendous sense of belonging...
Truly the pioneering spirit is an arduous but very rewarding one.

For the Malawians out there in the diaspora, or the Malawians here and in hiding, or the ICT boffins who wanna help us out and are not necessarily Malawian, all those with an interest with things related to Information & Communications Technology particularly relating to Malawi, you can join the yahoo group here and find all the relevant info about the ICT Association of Malawi (ICTAM) there.

The ICTAM site is just a registration form right now soon to develop into a lot more so we'll let that be for now.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step goes the Chinese proverb.

Already I have lost sight of where we took that first step and am dazzled by the vision of where we are headed and what we shall do for this Nation...

Let it be

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL @ previous comment!! Eh... Sitasema what I'm thinking!

Hey, I'm so proud of you. I wish you and ICTAM great success. With people like you at the helm, I has no doubt that you shall indeed make a great impact in the ICT field and for Malawi.

Kudos!

Alper Celik said...

Hi,

This is Alper from Sweden, Stockholm. Currently i am working on a project for Malawi and I need to talk with you about ICTAM.

Please send me an e-mail : alpercelk [@] gmail [.] com

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!