Monday, February 28, 2005

Three Words...

We all know them.
Said them so many times they seem to have lost meaning.
They're everywhere, in soppy movies, weepy novels, even horrors.

And yet...

They can still mean so much, SAY so much.

Like when drunken of a Saturday night she called and I couldn't hold them in.
The raptorous joy that flooded me when I uttered those THREE words.

Unbelievable.

I think part of it was because I'd been holding back so long, afraid the magic would fade away, vanish as I spoke.
That they would sound empty and lifeless.

Yet as I spoke them they rang true through the very core of my being.

And now I need not say them again.
I do not want them to become a cliche.

Today on the phone.
I am still well capable of being an absolute buffoon.

Pole.

And er...

I LOVE YOU

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter
how improbable, must be the truth."
Sherlock Holmes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was really amazing to hear you say those words for the first time. Would have preferred to hear them while I was looking into you eyes...... but I'll take what I can get.

Nakupenda pia.